GaMaYo is for anyone in Yorkshire and the North of England that makes games including console games, handheld games, PC games, browser games, mobile games, tablet games, VR games, AR games, board games, location-based games.
You should be someone that has released a game, or is working on one right now, on any platform, digital or analogue. You are welcome to apply for membership of GaMaYo if you are one of the following:
- Based in Yorkshire, the North East or North West of England (discretion will be used if you are outside of these areas).
- A lone game creator looking for potential collaborators to co-develop games with.
- A games industry freelancer looking to network and find new contacts.
- A local games studio looking to meet local talent.
- A student at university/college that is working on and releasing games in addition to their coursework.
- An indie developer looking for occasional help, or feedback from their peers.
- A remote worker that doesn’t get an opportunity to have a post-work beer and to talk ‘shop’ with their colleagues.
- Someone already working in the games industry that wants to expand their network.
- Someone that occasionally works on games as part of their job.
To become a member, please join our Facebook group first as that’s where most of our conversations take place. You will be asked 3 questions about your current role, games experience and location.
Please make sure you include examples of your games development activity with links – this is really important. If you don’t include any examples, we can’t accept you into the group. We want to know the games you are making outside of your games course, music you have made for games or games that you have released. GaMaYo will reply to your application asap.
If you are interested in joining Game Republic which gives you access to Game Republic events and GaMaYo events for 12 months – you can find out more information here.